On this episode: The “Brad Pitt” of cougars, wildlife over crossings, and “The Californians”. We’re talking with Beth Pratt, Regional Executive Director, California at National Wildlife Federation about the upcoming wildlife crossing over “The” 101 freeway in Los Angeles at Liberty Canyon and her work as an advocate for wildlife.
- 00:40 – Introducing Beth Pratt
- 04:00 – Who is P-22 and what and where is this wildlife crossing?
- 13:35 – The story of how the Wallis Annenberg Wildlife Crossing went from dream to ground breaking
- 18:00 – Why is it important to connect open spaces for wildlife, and what can we do as individuals to help?
- 21:30 – What animals will benefit from the wildlife crossing?
- 28:00 – P-22 Day (October 22nd)
- 30:55 – Approaching wildlife advocacy from an MBA perspective
- 35:35 – What is the impact this wildlife crossing will have?
- 43:00 – Design considerations for wildlife crossings
Mentioned in this Episode
- Mission accomplished: Beth Pratt raised millions for a freeway overpass for L.A. cougars – LA Times
- Episode 16: Riffin’ with Griff, Super Nature Nerd
- National Wildlife Federation
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.