This episode is all about Yosemite National Park. We’re taking with Scott Turner, hiker and author of a new book on Yosemite for Mountaineers Books.
- 00:40 – Catching up on our summer adventures
- 07:30 – National Forests closure in California through 9/17
- 09:00 – Welcome guest Scott Turner
- 11:00 – Scott’s new book
- 12:50 – The magic of Yosemite National Park
- 15:00 – The process of choosing which hikes to include in the book
- 28:00 – Lesser-known ways to get into Yosemite
- 31:45 – What qualifies Scott for writing a book on Yosemite?
- 40:20 – Of the famous Yosemite hikes, which is your favorite?
- 42:25 – How many days did it take to hike the trails in the book?
- 47:54 – What was most surprising about Yosemite as you did your research?
- 54:10 – Experiencing Yosemite across the seasons
- 60:00 – Closing it out with Scott’s embarrassing Yosemite story
- 68:00 – When and where to get Scott’s new Yosemite book
Mentioned in this Show
- Backpacking the South Lake – North Lake Loop
- Green River Lakes Campground
- The Big Lonely bikepacking race
- Teton Crest Trail
- Mount Langley
- Our first conversation with Scott Turner in Episode 20
- Scott’s new book: Day Hiking Yosemite National Park
- Theodore Solomons Trail
- Yosemite National Park
Connect with Scott
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.