On this episode: Chihuahuas, hobo jungles, astrology cults, and route-finding in Alaska. We’re talking with prolific adventurer and author Carrot Quinn. Her first book, Thru-Hiking Will Break Your Heart is about her experience on her first thru-hike of the Pacific Crest Trail. Her latest book, The Sunset Route details her life riding freight trains and running from grief.
- 01:00 – Introducing Carrot Quinn
- 04:15 – Why she wrote The Sunset Route
- 06:30 – Starting with zines, and moving towards fiction
- 08:50 – The story behind her current fiction project
- 16:25 – Creating hiking routes in Alaska
- 27:30 – Carrot’s first PCT thru-hike, Thru-Hiking Will Break Your Heart, and theories on post thru-hike depression
- 32:45 – Riding freight trains
- 39:15 – Growing up in Alaska
- 41:50 – Wintering in southern Arizona
- 44:00 – Where to find Carrot (and her books)
Mentioned in this Show
- Thru-Hiking Will Break Your Heart – Amazon
- The Sunset Route – Bookshop.org
Connect with Carrot
You can find Carrot on Instagram at @carrotquinn and on the web at carrotquinn.com
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
Leave a Reply