On this episode: burritos (again), crazy scary deer, and the Jack Daniels approach. We’re talking with Ashely Nordell, ultrarunner, mom of two, and coach about training, favorite races, and adventure runs.
- 00:35 – Introducing Ashley
- 03:20 – The races that have meant a lot to her (and how you run with bags of ice taped to your knees)
- 06:07 – How she got started with running
- 10:00 – Living in Mount Baldy
- 13:49 – A typical week of running for Ashley
- 19:49 – What’s in Ashley’s running gear kit?
- 23:39 – How she got started coaching (and the Jack Daniels approach)
- 27:19 – A typical coaching/training plan
- 29:00 – The benefits of using a running coach
- 30:30 – Upcoming races for 2021 (and adventures in lieu of races)
- 32:45 – Proudest moments – Ozark Highlands Trail
- 39:45 – The “most fun” ultra race
- 49:15 – What is an “adventure run?”
Mentioned in this Show
- Western States 100
- Angeles Crest 100
- Jack Daniels (the coach)
- Ozark Highlands Trail
- Bighorn 100
- Three Days of Syllamo
Find Ashley online
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.