On this episode: Roadies, Team in Training, the pro peloton, and power meters. We’re talking with Janel Spilker, former pro cyclist, coach and Liv Cycling Ambassador.
- 00:37 – Introductions
- 02:00 – Team in Training
- 05:15 – Racing professionally
- 08:03 – What is a domestique?
- 09:34 – What was the spark that inspired Janel to go pro?
- 13:23 – Getting into coaching
- 15:50 – Power meters
- 21:50 – Mountain biking and gravel biking
- 29:20 – The wild ride from San Diego to Bend
- 34:58 – Being a sponsored athlete for Liv Cycling
- 46:08 – How can people benefit from using a coach?
Mentioned in this Show
- Team in Training
- Liv Cycling
- Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI)
- The Big Lonely
- Connect with Janel at Janel Cycling, on Instagram @janelspiker or Twitter @janelspiker
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.