In this episode, the Ruby Crest Trail, outdoor education, van art, and Eddie Van Halen. We talk with Adam Salinger — educator, Appalachian Trail thru-hiker, and all-around hiking badass.
- 00:54 – What is the Atlas Learning Academy?
- 06:09 – How they deal with a broad range of outdoor experience among students
- 09:09 – Integrating subjects during outdoor expeditions
- 10:50 – The Ruby Crest Trail
- 12:14 – The value of self-sufficiency in the backcountry
- 18:09 – Adam’s trip on the Noatak in the Gates of the Arctic National Park
- 22:55 – How Adam got into the outdoors
- 25:00 – Thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail
- 29:10 – Getting your children outdoors
- 30:10 – Kids these days…
- 33:10 – Outdoor education challenges in the time of a global pandemic
- 37:11 – Remembering Eddie Van Halen
- 37:38 – Supporting the Atlas Learning Academy
- 38:40 – Looking into the crystal ball
- 41:14 – How does someone get a similar program started in their area?
- 52:45 – Adam’s favorite part about taking kids out to the wilderness
Mentioned in this Episode
- Atlas Learning Academy
- Ruby Crest Trail
- Gates of the Arctic National Park
- Appalachian Trail
- Adam’s Treks
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
Leave a Reply