In this episode: rope access, why you should hire a guide, can those skinny climbing ropes hold a Sasquatch, and the Raiders. We talk with Elaina Arenz, climber, rock guide, instructor, rope access technician and all-around inspiring outdoorist.
- 00:38 – Introduction to Elaina Arenz
- 01:40 – What is International Rope Access Technician Association (IRATA)?
- 03:20 – Let’s talk about football (a brief diversion)
- 05:37 – How a job at the shopping mall led to Elaina getting started with climbing
- 07:02 – Running New River Mountain Guides
- 07:50 – Teaching for the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA)
- 11:50 – The Warrior’s Way program
- 13:30 – Favorite climbing adventures
- 23:18 – Transition from rock climbing to rope access work
- 28:05 – Future adventures
- 30:28 – Climbing advice for a Sasquatch
- 34:45 – Why we should trust a climbing rope
- 36:35 – Empowering women in the outdoors
- 47:06 – Closing thoughts
Mentioned in this Episode
- New River Mountain Guides
- American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA)
- The Warrior’s Way
- Chicks Climbing
- Find Elaina on Facebook
- Follow Elaina on Intstagram
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.