On this episode: Hiking podcasts, the days, and getting a doctorate in hiker trash. We’re talking with Collyn “Doc” Nielsen of Hiker Trash Radio.
Hear how he got into hiking and backpacking, what inspired him to start his podcast, and the takeaways from recording over 300 episodes interviewing backpackers, thru-hikers and outdoor adventurers.
In this Episode
- Hiker Trash Radio – Doc’s podcast
- MILE, MILE & A HALF – the John Muir Trail documentary that inspired many of Doc’s podcast guests
- Backcountry bidets, memorable guest stories and more.
Connect with Doc
Become a Patron
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is and will always be free. If you’d like to help us keep the lights on, we are now on Patreon, where you can support our work with a bus or two (or more) each month. Send us some green and help us keep the pod rolling!
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.