On this episode: small successes, women porters, and the Himalaya. We’re talking with Marinel de Jesus and Sara Frenning about the Porter Voice Collective and their project for a women-led trek on the Great Himalaya Trail.
Marinel is a digital nomad, founder of Brown Gal Trekker, Equity Global Treks and The Porter Voice Collective, where Sara is a researcher. Both joined us from Nepal, which wis the longest distance we’ve recorded a show from to date.
In this Episode
- KM 82: The Porter Voices of Peru’s Camino Inca – a documentary project of The Porter Voice Collective
- Great Himalaya Trail – website
- Fundraiser for the Great Himalaya Trail trek
- Statistics on Nepal tourism – PDF
Connect with Marinel
- Brown Girl Trekker – Marinel’s website
- Equity Global Treks
- The Porter Voice Collective
- Facebook: @browngaltrekker
- Instagram: @browngaltrekker
- X (formerly Twitter): @bgtexplorations
Become a Patron
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is and will always be free. If you’d like to help us keep the lights on, we are now on Patreon, where you can support our work with a bus or two (or more) each month. Send us some green and help us keep the pod rolling!
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.