On this episode: Yada-yada-yada, death vs thrash metal, lucha libra, and some pretty epic adventures. We sit down with Kristen and Ville Jokinen to talk about how they met scuba diving in Vietnam, went on to crew on a sailboat, thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail, and ultimately biked from Alaska to Argentina — all with very little prior experience.
They are currently on a book tour, and you can find where and when they will be in town on their website.
In this Episode
- We Lost the Map – Kristen & Ville’s website.
- Their trail names on the PCT: La Fonda and Eurotrash.
- Border crossing tip: go early and know about the local futbol teams.
Connect with Kristen & Ville Jokinen
- You can keep up with Kristen and Ville at their website, We Lost the Map.
- Get their book: Joy Ride: A Bike Odyssey from Alaska to Argentina.
Become a Patron
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is and will always be free. If you’d like to help us keep the lights on, we are now on Patreon, where you can support our work with a bus or two (or more) each month. Send us some green and help us keep the pod rolling!
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.