On this episode: the Triple Crown, ceramics, corporate finance, and hot chocolate shots. We’re talking with Carol “Cheer” Coyne, thru-hiker and founder of THRU-r.com – a community for thru-hikers, trail angels, and those who would like to be.
Carol got hooked by the Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge in 2017, and has since gone on to thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail, the Continental Divide Trail, and is currently finishing her Triple Crown on the Appalachian Trail.
In this Episode
- Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge – rekindled her love of hiking adventures
- THRU-r.com – the hiker community founded by Carol
- ADZPCTKO – the now-defunct “kick-off” event for the Pacific Crest Trail
- Goat Haunt Ranger Station – where they check your passport before you head south on the CDT
Connect with Carol Coyne
Become a Patron
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is and will always be free. If you’d like to help us keep the lights on, we are now on Patreon, where you can support our work with a bus or two (or more) each month. Send us some green and help us keep the pod rolling!
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.