On this episode: mountain bike racing, the 80% rule, and trail maintenance. We’re chatting with professional mountain bike athlete, cycling coach and trail advocate Emma Maaranen.
We talk with her about how she entered the world of professional racing, why she ended up started a new women’s mountain bike racing team, the chaos of a race start, the most important training day of the week, and much more.
In this Episode
- Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) – getting a UCI pro license gets you into more races
- Bowen Sports Performance – where Emma coaches
- Moab Rocks – a 3-day stage race where Emma realized she had been over-training
- Sisters Stampede – see the photo gallery 😉
- TransRockies Race Series – next up for Emma in 2023
- COTA – the Central Oregon Trail Alliance (where Emma pays “rent” on her “office”)
Connect with Emma Maaranen
- You can find her on Instagram @emmamaaranen and on YouTube also @emmamaaranen
Become a Patron
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is and will always be free. If you’d like to help us keep the lights on, we are now on Patreon, where you can support our work with a bus or two (or more) each month. Send us some green and help us keep the pod rolling!
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
Leave a Reply