The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
In this special episode we talk about the impact of COVID-19 on our outdoor adventures and hear from some friends with their advice for fueling the stoke for the outdoors, while stuck at home.
Recorded Monday, March 23rd.
- 04:24 – Saveria gets chased by a coyote in her neighborhood
- 07:00 – Adjusting to working from home
- 08:45 – Guidelines for hiking while “Staying-at-Home”
- 15:30 – Hiking, climbing, backpacking are non-essential
- 17:06 – What are the “safe” alternatives for physical and mental fitness?
- 19:44 – Staying socially connected while maintaining physical distance
- 21:35 – Activities you can do while hunkered down
- 28:43 – Have you “panic bought” anything?
- 33:57 – More ideas for fueling the stoke while staying home
- 34:20 – Solo Yolo – moderator of two large Facebook groups: Backpacking and California Hiking & Backpacking
- 35:53 – Karla Amador, co-founder of the 52 Hike Challenge
- 37:33 – Casey Schreiner, founder of Modern Hiker
- 38:36 – Adam Buchanan, social media marketing consultant
- 39:44 – Chris Sunnen, The Last Adventurer
- 40:55 – Final thoughts
Mentioned in this Episode
- Hiking in the Time of COVID-19 – article on SoCalHiker.net
- Social Distancing in Parks and Trails
- Your Pacific Crest Trail Thru-hike is Cancelled – HalfwayAnywhere.com
- “Press Pause” on your Challenge
- Citizen Science
- Bird Life-list
- Backpacking – Facebook Group
- California Hiking & Backpacking – Facebook Group
- 52 Hike Challenge
- Modern Hiker
- Solo Stove
- The Last Adventurer
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
Leave a Reply