On this episode: mantras, apparel, and fitness is for everybody. We are talking with Adina Crawford, a athlete and yogini working to bring more diversity and inclusivity into the fitness space.
Adina–aka Deanie the Yogini–is a certified yoga instructor, mentor, and community advocate. She brings her energy, passion and enthusiasm and shares it with those around her… including you as you listen to this episode!
- 00:33 – Introducing Adina
- 01:25 – How Adina first got into yoga
- 02:50 – Why the fitness space needs more diversity and inclusivity
- 04:00 – Snowshoeing with Saveria and AdventurUs Women
- 06:00 – Adina’s schedule
- 07:57 – How Adina started running everything from 10Ks to marathons
- 17:00 – Adina’s passion for yoga
- 26:03 – What does an athlete look like?
- 29:00 – The importance of learning (coaching, training, etc.)
- 34:45 – Finding and creating inspiration
- 36:30 – What needs to improve in the areas of diversity and inclusion
- 44:10 – What’s going on at AdventurUs Women
You can find Adina on Instagram @adinavcrawford
Mentioned in this Episode
Become a Patron
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is and will always be free. If you’d like to help us keep the lights on, we are now on Patreon, where you can support our work with a bus or two (or more) each month. Send us some green and help us keep the pod rolling!
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
Leave a Reply