The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
In this episode we sit down with Jennifer Scism, graduate of The French Culinary Institute in Manhattan, professional chef, restauranteur, backpacker, and co-founder of Good To-Go, the Maine-based company known for their tasty dehydrated meals.
- 00:38 – In this episode
- 01:05 – Who is Jen Scism?
- 03:00 – Learning the lingo of Maine
- 04:24 – How Good To-Go got started
- 06:20 – Initial start-up challenges
- 09:54 – But how does it taste at home?
- 13:29 – How many different meals are available?
- 14:25 – Work/life balance
- 15:40 – How Jen got started exploring the outdoors
- 17:03 – Meals that didn’t (or can’t) make it to market
- 19:50 – What makes Good To-Go meals different?
- 23:44 – Advice for entrepreneurs
- 25:55 – Jen’s favorites
- 27:02 – The “truly” double-serving meal
- 31:05 – What’s for dinner… and research
- 34:56 – Taste testing Good To-Go meals with Casey Schreiner from Modern Hiker
- 48:35 – Special message from Saveria and AdventurUs Women
Mentioned in this Episode
- Good To-Go Dehydrated Camping Meals & Backpacking Food
- Learn more about Jennifer Scism
- Granite Backcountry Alliance
- Our Good To-Go taste test meals
- Guest taster – Casey Schreiner of Modern Hiker
- AdventurUs Women
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.