On this episode: surf films, directing Bill Murray, and being a filmmaker in the digital age. We’re talking with Jason Baffa, filmmaker, surfer, and sometimes maker of surf films.
- 00:35 – Announcing Jason’s new show CHASING WAVES
- 02:40 – Introducing Jason Baffa
- 10:00 – Meeting Bill Murray and getting him to narrate Loopers
- 12:00 – What is a Bolex?
- 14:20 – Film vs digital and the impact on how you shoot
- 29:15 – How Chasing Waves came to be
- 34:20 – Did you grow up spending time outdoors?
- 52:30 – Advice for aspiring surf filmmakers
- 57:50 – The Revenge of Little Joey (and Fitz’s missing stunt driver credit)
Mentioned in this Episode
- Chasing Waves – watch on Disney+
- One California Day
- Bella Vita
- Loopers: The Caddies Long Walk
- The Revenge of Little Joey
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.