On this episode: The Far Side, browser tabs, YouTube analytics, and reluctant running. We’re talking with Brendan Leonard, illustrator, writer, film maker and ultra trail runner and creator of Semi-Rad.com.
- 00:35 – Introducing Brendan Leonard
- 02:55 – The story behind the birth of Semi-Rad.com
- 09:50 – Where did you get started writing?
- 14:20 – Sources of inspiration
- 20:15 – What are the things that grab your attention these days?
- 22:15 – How Brendan got into outdoor adventures
- 28:45 – Making adventure films
- 35:58 – YouTube analytics fun and “going viral”
- 42:40 – A typical week in the life of Brendan Leonard
- 45:20 – What inspired you to get into ultra running?
- 55:30 – Browser tabs throw-down
- 60:00 – Wrapping up
Mentioned in this Episode
- Find Brendan online at Semi-Rad.com
- REI Presents: How to Run 100 Miles
- Follow Brendan on Instagram @semi_rad
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.