On this episode: Hiking in Washington, lungs, and women of color who summit mountains. We’re talking with Nash Maz who is organizing a fundraising climb with eleven women of color for the American Lung Association as part of the Climb for Clean Air.
- 00:35 – Introducing Nash Maz
- 02:00 – Connecting with her team for their climb on Mt Tahoma (aka Mount Rainier)
- 04:00 – Fundraising for the climb
- 06:30 – How Nash got started hiking
- 08:15 – Getting into mountaineering
- 10:30 – Switching careers and a dream job at the American Lung Association
- 15:25 – What are some of your favorite hikes in Washington?
- 16:50 – What hikes do they do to train for their climb?
- 22:53 – What other mountains are in her sights in the future?
- 26:15 – Lungs, clean air, and wild fires
- 29:10 – Women of color in the outdoors
- 32:00 – Type 2 adventures (everyone suffers at some point)
- 34:50 – How can people help with the fundraising?
Mentioned in this Episode
- Team Fundraising Page
- Nash’s Fundraising Page
- RMI – Guide for their Tahoma climb
- Women of Color Who Summit – The climbing team’s Instagram account
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.