The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
In this episode we talk to Shawnte Salabert, writer and author of the book Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, Southern California – Section Hiking From Campo to Tuolumne Meadows, chatting about snacks, books, and section-hiking adventures.
- 03:45 – Introducing Shawnté Salabert
- 09:00 – What keeps Shawnté in Los Angeles?
- 12:15 – How did you get into outdoor writing?
- 16:30 – Section hiking the Pacific Crest Trail
- 22:00 – Hiking solo vs hiking with others
- 26:25 – Upcoming adventure goals
- 30:25 – Book recommendations
- 38:00 – The feral experience of trail-running
- 40:25 – Snacks
- 44:09 – Shawnté’s top tip for pooping in the woods
- 45:08 – Trail Eats
- 59:10 – A note from Severia about the AdventurUs Women Escapes
- 60:07 – Where to learn more about Shawnté
Mentioned in this Episode
- Learn more about Shawnté at her website: shawntesalabert.com
- Get Shawnté Salabert’s book Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail – Southern California, Section Hiking From Campo to Tuolumne Meadows
- What Would Ed Do?
- Modern Hiker
- Kolby Kirk
- Wilderness Travel Course
- The Contemporary Adventure Canon – Outside
- Holiday At See
- Trail Eats
- AdventurUs Women
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
Shawnte on the trail, and a couple of behind-the-scenes shot from our recording session.