On this episode: Search and rescue, being an “adventure mom” and the first of a series of weekly episodes celebrating Women’s History Month in March. We’re talking with Christa Nash Webber, Bend resident (via Hong Kong), mom of two, search and rescue team member, and coordinator for She Jumps.
- 00:35 – Introducing Christa
- 02:15 – Living in Hong Kong for 11 years
- 11:00 – How they ended up in Bend, Oregon
- 14:09 – How does it work volunteering with Search-and-Rescue?
- 22:00 – She Jumps
- 34:45 – What are the top mistakes people make that necessitates SAR getting involved?
- 43:30 – What does a day of fun look like for Christa?
- 48:00 – Wrap-up
Mentioned in this Episode
- Asia-Pacific Adventure – Where Christa worked while living in Hong Kong
- Deschutes Search-and-Rescue – Christa volunteers and recruits for SAR. Check out the cool videos at the bottom of the page.
- She Jumps
- IG: @she_colorsnature
- Expedition Oregon – A crazy race Christa is doing this spring
- Pole Pedal Paddle –
- Central Oregon Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.