On this episode: a 2021 wrap-up, jazz, and hiking-and-beer pairings. Our guest is Ted Foster who started hiking a few years ago and recently completed all 11 peaks in the New England Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge in 11 days.
- 01:00 – Saveria, Jason and Jeff wrap-up 2021 and our 2nd year of the Almost There Adventure Podcast
- 03:40 – Jeff, Saveria and Jason share their favorite 2021 podcast highlights
- 11:50 – Favorite 2021 adventures
- 22:50 – Planned 2022 adventures
- 30:00 – Introducing Ted Foster
- 32:00 – Hiking the Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge (with beer pairings)
- 36:49 – The Taco Slayer
- 38:00 – How Ted planned his peak-bagging trips
- 39:20 – Why Ted was wearing a tie for the podcast
- 42:00 – Hiking while listening to jazz
- 43:50 – How Ted got started hiking
- 48:40 – Hiking all 11 peaks in the New England Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge in 11 days
- 54:38 – Aspirations for multi-day backpacking trips (and how NOT to do it)
- 57:30 – Bucket list trips
- 63:23 – How do you make hikes
- 67:00 – Wrapping up
Mentioned in this Episode
- Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge (Ted has completed the SoCal, San Diego, Arizona, NorCal and New England challenges)
- Will Mattox aka @thetacoslayers
Connect with Ted online
- Instagram: @tedfostermusic
- If you’d like to help support the music program, visit www.challengercima.com
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
Leave a Reply