On this episode: the Bat Cave, campervans, and what is the first thing you do in the morning? We’re talking with Sunshine Loveless and Michelle Dunn-Loveless of Outshine Adventures, a queer-owned, women led company dedicated to providing sustainable eco-tours and immersive outdoor experiences.
- 00:35 – Introducing Sunshine and Michelle of Outshine Adventures
- 04:30 – What brought them to Chattanooga
- 12:30 – Adding the campervan to the offerings
- 29:00 – Their top SUP adventures
- 34:10 – How they research new places to adventure
- 35:57 – Partnering with local park agencies
- 40:00 – The value of guided outdoor experiences
- 43:00 – Working as a white water rafting guide
- 45:15 – We’ve all had “epics” (and being kinder about accidents)
- 48:00 – The impact of everyone getting outdoors, and converting them to advocates
- 52:20 – Best time of year to visit Chattanooga
Connect with Sunshine and Michelle online
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.