On this episode: 14ers, skydiving, and breaking generational struggles. We’re talking with Jess Newton, founder and CEO of Vibe Tribe Adventures.
- 00:35 – Introductions (and how Saveria and Jess met at Outdoor Retailer)
- 03:10 – How Jess was introduced to the outdoors
- 06:50 – How Jess got started with Vibe Tribe Adventures
- 09:00 – Going from Denver to nationwide
- 11:00 – Developing leaders within the community
- 13:30 – Launching the children’s program
- 17:27 – Growing the Urban Trekker program
- 19:38 – The Black 14er program
- 30:20 – Supporting Vibe Tribe Adventures
- 31:55 – First all-black Everest summit team
- 35:20 – The importance of outdoor education
- 40:50 – “Outdoors for All” collaboration with Merrell
- 45:45 – Skydiving and other “extreme” adventure goals
Mentioned in this Show
- Vibe Tribe Adventures
- Urban Trekker
- Black 14ers
- Colorado Rockies Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge
- Merrell Outdoors for All collection
- American Hiking Society
Connect with Jess
You can connect with Jess at the Vibe Tribe Adventures website, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook page.
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
Leave a Reply