On this episode: van life, murals, and the John Muir Trail. We’re talking with Kristen Bor of Bearfoot Theory — hiker, van lifer, and outdoor blogger.
- 00:34 – Introducing Kristen
- 01:30 – Kristen’s van life journey
- 4:25 – Differences between her first and second van
- 6:45 – How Kristen got into van life
- 9:12 – What are some of the changes in the van life community since you started?
- 12:15 – The dilemma of always-full campgrounds
- 14:40 – The backstory on Bearfoot Theory
- 19:57 – Kristen and Jason randomly meet at Muir Trail Ranch on the John Muir Trail
- 21:27 – Favorite part of the John Muir Trail
- 24:45 – Kristen’s four month social media sabbatical
- 29:00 – Launch of the Bearfoot Outdoors Club
- 33:00 – How should someone get started in van life?
- 37:24 – Gas vs Diesel, and why don’t we have awesome murals on vans today?
- 44:45 – Hosting the Open Roads Festival in Idaho
- 48:00 – Planned adventures
Mentioned in this Show
- Outside Van built Kristen’s current van
- MILE, MILE & A HALF, THE film about the John Muir Trail
- Open Roads Festival
Connect with Kristen
- Bearfoot Theory – her website and @bearfoottheory on IG and all the social channels
- Bearfoot Outdoors Club
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.