On this episode: multi-day SUPs, back-breaking-but-rewarding work, and running away to join the circus. We’re talking with Wild Trails founder and executive director Randy Whorton about his unusual journey to trail building, ultra running, and backpacking and then SUP-ing across the state of Tennessee.
- 00:40 – Introducing Randy
- 04:00 – The trail system in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- 05:50 – How trails are made and maintained (and how pizza and beer factors in)
- 16:15 – The Wild Trails race series
- 20:00 – Stage racing
- 24:50 – The 516-mile Big Cumberland Loop: A big trail and SUP adventure
- 43:10 – Fastpacking, bikepacking and more upcoming adventure plans
- 47:30 – Joining the circus and high diving
Mentioned in this Show
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
Leave a Reply