On this episode: associations, similar breeds of dork, and exploratory technical alpinism. We’re talking with Chris Wright, IFMGA certified mountain guide, amateur cocktail wiz, and all-around great alpinist.
- 00:35 – Introducing Chris Wright
- 06:05 – “Accidentally” moving to Oregon
- 10:49 – Experiences climbing abroad
- 14:20 – Chris’ favorite kind of climbing
- 15:55 – First ascent of Link Sar
- 23:49 – Getting to the base of the mountain
- 32:55 – Climbing with partners 30 years older
- 41:14 – Personal climbing vs guiding climbs
- 44:12 – Ski touring in Norway
- 51:18 – What’s next?
- 53:00 – Favorite climbs and trips
- 60:00 – Top 3 favorite activities to do in Bend during the winter
Mentioned in this Show
- IMFMGA is the International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations
- Smith Rock State Park
- First Ascent of Link Sar
- The Piolet d’Or
- You can find Chris Wright at nowclimbing.com and on Instagram @now_climbing
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.