On this episode: NASA, mountaineering, politics in science, and the most interesting woman in the world. We’re talking with Eylene Pirez, adventure photographer, scientist, and lifelong learner.
- 00:37 – Introductions
- 02:27 – Combining science and exploration
- 09:46 – How Eylene got into photography
- 12:21 – Getting to the United States from Cuba
- 19:55 – Being the first Cuban woman to summit Aconcagua
- 24:50 – Getting into mountaineering
- 28:00 – Bikepacking across Patagonia when the pandemic strikes
- 37:34 – Eylene’s camera kit
- 43:30 – Working for NASA and watching geysers on the moons of Saturn
- 46:08 – Citizen science, and science and politics
- 58:15 – Creating the next generation of scientists
- 67:30 – Backpacking macaroni and cheese taste test
Mentioned in this Show
- Find Eylene Pirez
- Mac & Cheese Taste Test
- Backpacker’s Pantry Three Cheese Mac & Cheese
- Alpine Aire Forever Young Mac & Cheese
- Mountain House Creamy Macaroni & Cheese
- Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.