On this episode: grit, crashing, cyclocross and maple syrup. We’re talking with Meredith Brandt and Ali Halpin of Ladies All Ride and Grit Clinics about helping women of all skill levels get comfortable on their mountain bikes.
- 00:35 – Introductions
- 02:25 – Ladies All Ride and Grit Clinics
- 07:15 – How they got started mountain biking
- 19:30 – What to expect when signing up for a clinic
- 24:28 – Favorite mountain biking locales
- 29:45 – Mountain bike racing (and balancing it with coaching)
- 30:31 – What are your “go-to” rides?
- 39:50 – Your favorite thing about cycling
- 42:53 – What’s your “dream” mountain biking trip?
- 55:20 – Energy Bar Taste Test, Part Two: Blueberry Bars
Mentioned in this Episode
- Ladies All Ride – Mountain bike skills camps
- Grit Clinics – Mountain bike skills coaching for men, women and kids
- Liv Cycling – the only comprehensive cycling brand dedicated solely to women
- PMBIA – The Professional Mountain Biking Instructors Association
- Looney Bean Roasting – Thanks for hosting us in Bend!
Energy Bar Taste Test
Nutrition information from respective websites, based on entire bar (not suggested serving).
- Clif Bar – Blueberry Crisp
250 cal, 5g fat, 44g carb, 9g protein
- Bearded Brothers – Bodacious Blueberry Vanilla
180 cal, 10g fat, 22g carb, 5g protein
- Pro Bar – Blueberry Muffin
400 cal, 21g fat, 44g carb, 10g protein
- JoJé – Lemon Blueberry Quinoa
260 cal, 11g fat, 37g carb, 5g protein
- This Saves Lives – Wild Blueberry & Pistachio
160 cal, 7g fat, 25g carb, 4g protein
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.