On this episode, billy-goating, smudges, Mai Tais, and labra-do, or labra-don’t? We’re talking with Kolby “Condor” Kirk, adventurer, naturalist and renown journaler. Plus, we conduct our second canned cocktail taste test.
- 01:10 – How Kolby came to create graphics for ‘MILE…MILE & A HALF’
- 06:36 – Kolby’s experience hiking on the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT)
- 09:00 – Journaling on the PCT
- 18:24 – What is about distance that makes travel special?
- 22:58 – Next big adventures
- 25:46 – Becoming a naturalist
- 32:13 – Different terms for hikers, and the joy of “Billy-goating”
- 34:24 – How Kolby got started hiking
- 35:40 – Encountering a bear at night
- 38:52 – Kolby’s advice for getting into journaling
- 49:17 – Canned cocktail taste test #2: Cutwater Gin & Tonic, Margarita and Mai Tai
Mentioned in this Episode
- MILE…MILE & A HALF
- Condor’s PCT Adventure in 3 Minutes
- Photos from Kolby’s PCT journals
- Behind the scenes of MMAAH with Kolby
- The Deschutes Land Trust
- Kolby’s Honeymoon Journal
- The Hike Guy (Kolby’s website) and Instagram
- Cutwater Spirits
- Thanks to Looney Bean Coffee for hosting us in their backyard in Bend
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
Leave a Reply