The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
The theme for this episode is Everyday Heroes, and our special guest is Billy Rickards, Ultraman World Championship finisher. He was the 9th male to finish and 11th overall.
- 00:47 What is an “Everyday Hero?”
- 01:45 Pacific Northwest Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge
- 04:00 Trademarking “Basecamp”
- 05:40 Interview with Billy Rickards, Ultraman Championship finisher
- 29:45 Dedication to Sylvia Ravaglia
- 30:22 Better Backcountry Coffee, Reviewed
Mentioned in this Episode
- Pacific Northwest Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge
- Billy Rickards
- Ultraman World Championships:
- http://ultramanlive.com http://ultramanworlds.com
- FB/Insta @UMWCHawaii
- Donate in Memory of Sylvia Ravaglia
- Hawai’i Preparatory Academy, ℅ Advancement Office, 65-1692 Kohala Mountain Road, Kamuela, HI 96743 to support student scholarships for summer trail running opportunities.
- Backcountry Coffee, Reviewed
- Starbucks Via Italian Roast
- Alpine Start
- Waka Coffee
- Joe Coffee Company Instant Coffee
- Kuju Coffee – our favorite!
- Voilà Specialty Instant Coffee
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
- Jason Fitzpatrick @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden @adventuruswomen
- Jeff Hester @thesocalhiker
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
Featured photo credit Matthew D’Avella
Because you’ve made it this far, here are some scenes from Billy’s Ultraman Championship experience.
Leave a Reply