In this episode, fools, tunes, traverses, and the power of beer. We talk to Ricardo “Aar Jay” Soria, trail runner, hiker, peak bagger and organizer of the “Fool’s Traverse.”
The initial interview was recorded pre-pandemic, so we did a follow-up chat with him to learn how the Fool’s Traverse and his own adventure plans have been impacted by COVID-19, that appears on after the initial interview.
- 00:30 – A note about this critical time in history. Do something to end racism.
- 05:14 – As trails reopen, be sure to #RecreateResponsibly
- 06:10 – Introducing Aar Jay Soria
- 07:26 – The Fool’s Traverse
- 14:00 – How Aar Jay got started with trail running
- 17:13 – TRVRS Outdoors
- 23:17 – What’s next for Aar Jay?
- 27:35 – Aar Jay gives Jeff advice on preparing for the Fool’s Traverse
- 33:16 – Where to find Aar Jay online
- 34:05 – Follow-up with Aar Jay
- 35:00 – Impact on the Fool’s Traverse
- 38:00 – Physical distancing on the trail
- 40:05 – Training with limited access to trails
- 42:38 – Aar Jay’s trail running playlist
Mentioned in this Episode
- Fool’s Traverse
- TRVRS Outdoors
- Aar Jay’s Top Ten Outdoor Songs (Spotify)
- Kodiak 50
- Grand Canyon R2R2R
- Sierra High Route
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
Send us a voice message! https://www.speakpipe.com/AlmostThere
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.
The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.