The Almost There Adventure Podcast is a celebration of outdoor activities both local and epic. Discussing the big topics and talking to adventurers, artists, legends and activists within the outdoor community.
Way back before all of the current coronavirus festivities (remember back then?) we met up with PB of Opus Orange in his studio to talk about music and the outdoors, and share a few tunes. Next, we joined the coffee aficionados of LA River Camp Coffee to do a blind taste test of backcountry coffee.
- 01:00 – PB from Opus Orange performs Out of the Shadows (which appeared in MILE…MILE & A HALF)
- 04:48 – How Jason and PB met
- 05:25 – How does the outdoors inspire your music?
- 07:16 – When did you get started getting into the outdoors?
- 08:16 – When did you start playing music?
- 11:43 – Writing music for television and film
- 16:00 – Meet Durand in SoCal and backpacking the Lost Coast Trail
- 18:31 – Making music in the outdoors
- 20:14 – How the idea for the EP Outside In was born
- 21:52 – Artificial Heart from the EP Outside In
- 29:49 – Diving Bell
- 36:40 – Live, stripped down performance of Radio Silence from the Anatomic LP
- 43:10 – Blind taste test of backcountry coffee with LA River Camp Coffee
- 55:04 – Stephen nails the blind taste test
- 55:25 – Favorite? Kuju
Mentioned in this Episode
- Opus Orange
- MILE…MILE & A HALF
- The Lost Coast Trail
- Making Outside In
- Errin Vasquez – started LA River Camp Coffee in 2014
- Alpine Start
- Starbucks Via
- Joe Coffee Company Instant Coffee
- Voilà Specialty Instant Coffee
- Kuju Coffee – Camp Coffee fave
Connect with us!
Like Almost There on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/almostthereadventurepodcast/
Follow Almost There on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/almostthere_ap/
- Jason Fitzpatrick – IG: @themuirproject
- Saveria Tilden – IG: @adventuruswomen web: AdventurUsWomen.com
- Jeff Hester – IG: @thesocalhiker web: SoCalHiker.net
Theme song by Opus Orange. Courtesy of Emoto Music.